We’re looking for a Systems Engineer with hands-on experience in Windows Server Administration. This person provides hands-on system engineering support and tools as part of a team performing complex Windows server migration to AWS Cloud.
- Provide hands-on system engineering support and tools as part of a team performing complex Windows server migration to AWS Cloud
- Validate the current server state and prepare them for workload ingestion process
- Work with VM-VSphere, VM host management, maintenance, and snapshot backups
- Manage Microsoft technology stack including .NET Framework, .NET Core, WinPE, Hyper-V, Powershell, WSIM and SysPrep
- Provide general troubleshooting on the server enterprise, maintain data files, and monitor system configuration to ensure data integrity
- Manage Active Directory Services, Microsoft Clustering, and/or AD Group Policy analysis.
- Develop scripts as necessary for automation and configuration management using PowerShell and other automation or scripting technologies
- Excellent functional and technical knowledge in troubleshooting Microsoft Windows Server (2008 R2 – 2019, Windows Server Core 2016 2019)
- Clean and Prepare on-premises windows server for migration to AWS
- Experience with developing and deploying PowerShell scripts
- Experience working with Hyper-V and VMware clusters
- Excellent knowledge, design and implementation experience with Active Directory and Internet Information Server
- Knowledge of core Internet and networking protocols (DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, ARP, HTTP, HTTP/S, FTP) and IP communication is required
- Excellent knowledge of: SAN, NAS, DAS, RAID, SCSI, iSCSI, Clustering, Encryption, Virtualization, Messaging technologies and related products